Microblading in Snellville, GA
Interested in microblading offered in Snellville, Lawrenceville, Loganville, Sugar Hill, Hamilton Mill, or surrounding cities in Georgia? We offer this and numerous other options at About Face Skin Care.
What Is Microblading?
Microblading is a non-surgical and minimally invasive procedure to help you achieve fuller looking eyebrows. It helps you save time from having to pencil your eyebrows in everyday, providing semi-permanent results. It utilizes a small pen with little needles on the end to create small scratches on the surface of the skin on your eyebrows. This creates realistic and naturally looking hair strokes.
How Much Does Microblading Cost?
Microblading costs vary from person to person. It is an increasingly popular, safe, and affordable method that allows you to avoid having to tattoo your eyebrows. To discuss pricing, schedule a one-on-one consultation with us today. We’ll address any questions or concerns you might have.
Am I a Candidate for Microblading?
Microblading can be safely performed on adult men and women who are looking to achieve fuller eyebrows, although it is more commonly done for females. If you have concerns about your ability to receive microblading, discuss this during your consultation.
Some Microblading contraindications include the following:
- Under 18 years of age
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Skin diseases such as Psoriasis, Eczema and undiagnosed rashes or blisters on the site that is to be treated
- Easily triggered post inflammatory hyperpigmentation / brown spots from injuries
- Prone to scarring or forming keloid scars
- Transmittable blood conditions like HIV or Hepatitis
- Cancer and associated treatments – must be in remission for 12 months
- Thyroid medication
- Healing disorders
- Blood thinners that cannot lowered/ discontinued for 2 weeks prior
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure or mitral valve disorder
- Accutane or steroids
- Heart conditions that could be triggered by any agents in numbing ingredients such as epinephrine
- Extremely oily skin
- AHA’s (lactic, glycolic, citric, retinoic and tartaric acids) or any OTC creams and lotions for tone correcting, anti-aging, exfoliating, fading can discolor permanent makeup
- Heavy/ constant sun exposure
- Excessive sweating
- Flu, cold or virus within past 48 hours
- Juvederm, Botox, or other fillers – 2 weeks before/ after appointment
- Shingles- need be shingle -free for 3 months
- Eye Lift or blepharoplasty – wait 3 months
How Is Microblading Performed?
Microblading uses a pen-like device with small needles on the end to create light scratches on your eyebrows to resemble hair. It is important to note that your eyebrows must first be numbed to minimize discomfort. The minimal damage can provide long-lasting results. Your skin naturally heals, resulting in thicker, lusher appearing eyebrows.
What Is Recovery Like After Microblading?
For the first few days after a microblading session, you might notice redness and scabs forming on the treated areas, but as your skin naturally heals, you will notice darker and fuller looking eyebrows. During the recovery process, we recommend that you avoid direct sunlight and keep the areas clean to help speed up recovery.
How Long Will My Microblading Results Last?
Microblading results typically last for 12-18 months, and your individual results can vary based on multiple factors, including the pigmentation of your skin. If you’d like to maintain these results even longer, annual sessions might be recommended.
Think microblading is right for you? At About Face Skin Care, we serve patients in Snellville, Lawrenceville, Loganville, Sugar Hill, Hamilton Mill, or surrounding cities in Georgia. Call today to schedule your one-on-one consultation with Dr. Thompson or one of our friendly staff.